Easter Sunday is on April 17th in 2022. There are many activities on the Easter Weekend in Victoria including brunches and egg hunts.
Victoria Easter Activities
In 2022 the Easter Long Weekend is from April 15th to 18th. It starts with Good Friday and ends with Easter Monday.
Most years there are lots of special events and things to do in and around Victoria. Unfortunately, not much took place in 2020 or 2021 due to COVID-19 and consequent provincial health restrictions. More activities are set to return in 2022 though, including Easter brunches and family-friendly events.
Easter Events and Things to Do in Victoria
There are several Easter-themed events that take place in the Greater Victoria region most years. Of course, egg hunts are something for children to look forward to. There are also other places to check out this time of year. Some of the best things to do on the Easter weekend in Victoria include the following:
- Butchart Gardens – the attraction hosts a Children’s Easter Bunny Hunt when possible. The event runs from April 15th to 18th in 2022. It’s for kids under the age of 18. All children visiting the gardens that weekend receive a map. There are 12 bunnies scattered around outdoors for kids to find. After completing the map, children receive a special Easter treat. Butchart Gardens is located at 800 Benvenuto Avenue. It’s open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm throughout most of April.
- Oaklands Community Centre – an Easter Eggstravaganza event takes place at #1 – 2827 Belmont Avenue in Victoria. In 2022 the event runs on April 16th with multiple timeslots available between 9:30 and 11:15 am. Tickets cost $8 per child and one adult gets in for free with each kid. The event features crafts, a petting zoo and an outdoor egg hunt along with other fun activities. (Note: Tickets were already sold out as of early April in 2022.)
- Victoria Public Market – the market located at #6 1701 Douglas Street hosts an Easter event most years. In 2020 the Easter at the Market event was going to run on April 10th from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm before it got cancelled due to COVID-19. The event usually includes live music, magic shows, an egg hunt and more. Easter at the Market doesn’t look like it’s happening in 2022. Hopefully it returns in 2023!
Easter Brunches in Victoria
While the events listed above are especially fun for young families, another popular Easter tradition for all ages is going out for brunch. Some restaurants in Victoria offer special menus in celebration of Easter. A few of the best places offering brunch on Easter Sunday include the following:
- Fairmont Empress – the famous hotel located at 721 Government Street hosts an Easter brunch in the Crystal Ballroom. In 2022 the buffet includes smoothies, salads, meats, eggs, dumplings and much more. There is also a small egg hunt and a special appearance by the Easter Bunny. The event costs about $60 for kids and $120 for teens and adults. Timeslots for brunch at the Empress Hotel are available between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- Irish Times Pub – one of the best Irish Pubs on the continent hosts an Easter event when possible at 1200 Government Street. In 2022 the event happens on Easter Day starting at 7:00 am. Guests enjoy a special breakfast featuring mini egg waffles. There is also an egg hunt later in the afternoon at the Irish Times.
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel – brunch with an ocean view takes place at 1175 Beach Drive in normal years. The 2022 Easter Brunch happens on April 17th in the hotel’s grand lobby. The Easter menu is a buffet with pastries, charcuterie, eggs and more. Reservations are required and cost up to $90 per person for 10:00 am, 10:30 am, 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm sittings. All guests also receive a gift to take home.
- Six Mile Pub & Eatery – in previous years one of the province’s oldest pubs hosted a special Easter event. The place is located at 494 Old Island Highway at Six Mile Road. The Easter-themed event in 2018 was a family-friendly brunch that included Benny’s and omelettes, plus lots of baked goods. The event last ran on April 1st in 2018 from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. Hopefully the event returns in the future.
If wanting to visit the Lower Mainland region over the long weekend, click Vancouver Easter Activities for ideas of what to do there.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Festivals and Events in Victoria
- Victoria’s Top Attractions
- Hotels in Victoria
- Victoria Restaurants and Bars