Being a major Canadian tourist destination, Victoria is home to numerous hotels of all kinds and standards. Below is a list of some that we recommend.
Places to Stay in Victoria
Whether you’re looking for a fancy place or more affordable accommodations, below is where you’ll find them.
Some of the finest hotels in Victoria include the following:
- Abigail’s Hotel – an “adults only” boutique bed-and-breakfast-style hotel located at 906 McClure Street in downtown Victoria just off Quadra Street by Christ Church Cathedral.
- The Empress Hotel – Victoria’s most famous hotel is located right in the heart of the Inner Harbour at 721 Government Street.
- Inn at the Laurel Point – a beautiful hotel on the water in downtown Victoria at the edge of the Inner Harbour at 680 Montreal Street. It’s socially responsible and BC’s first carbon neutral hotel. (Pets-allowed rooms available.)
- Hotel Grand Pacific – a beautiful modern hotel located at 463 Belleville Street in the Inner Harbour.
- Delta Ocean Pointe Resort – a large modern hotel located at the edge of the Songhees facing downtown Victoria and accessed via the Johnson Street Bridge. (Pets-allowed rooms available.)
- Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa – a luxurious resort located at 849 Verdier Avenue in Brentwood Bay not far from Butchart Gardens.
- Magnolia Hotel & Spa – a luxury boutique hotel right in the heart of downtown at 623 Courtney Street. This hotel is ranked as one of the best in Canada by TripAdvisor.
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel – a fancy modern hotel located at 1175 Beach Drive in Oak Bay. (Pets-allowed rooms available.)
- Victoria Regent Waterfront Hotel & Suites – a luxurious hotel located at 1234 Wharf Street in downtown Victoria.
In addition to luxury hotels, Victoria also has a wide variety of mid-range hotels including the following:
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour – a nice hotel located at 412 Quebec Street just one block west of the Legislative Buildings in the Inner Harbour.
- Coast Harbourside Hotel & Marina – an oceanfront hotel located at 146 Kingston Street a short distance from the heart of downtown.
- Hotel Rialto – one of Victoria’s finest mid-range boutique-style hotels located at 653 Pandora Avenue in downtown Victoria.
- Oswego Hotel – a boutique hotel located at 500 Oswego Street in the heart of downtown. (Pets-allowed rooms available.)
- Swans Hotel & Brewpub – formerly a series of condos, this hotel has both a great location downtown (506 Pandora Street) and also a pub and brewery within the same building.
Nice Basic Hotels
Good two-star hotels in Victoria include the following:
- Accent Inn – a small local chain hotel located at 3233 Maple Street close to Mayfair Shopping Mall and about 4 km from the Inner Harbour.
- Arbutus Inn – on the highway at 2898 Douglas Street just over a 2-km drive from the heart of downtown. (Closed temporarily due to COVID-19 with reopening plans to be confirmed.)
- Helm’s Inn – located at 600 Douglas Street downtown close to Beacon Hill Park.
- Robin Hood Motel – a basic motel with free parking at 136 Gorge Road East about 2.5 km from downtown and the Inner Harbour.
For young folk on a tight budget, Victoria’s International Youth Hostel is a popular place and conveniently located at 516 Yates Street in the heart of downtown. (Closed temporarily due to COVID-19, but hopefully reopening in May of 2021.)
Other articles that may be of interest include the following: