Victoria truly is a “City of Gardens.” Below is a list of some of the region’s most beautiful and famous parks, gardens and places in nature.
The parks are all free, as are some but not all of the gardens.
Victoria’s Parks & Gardens
Below is a list of gardens in Victoria including ones that are free and others with admission prices. Further below is a list of parks which are all free.
- Butchart Gardens
- Abkhazi Garden
- Hatley Castle Gardens (at Hatley Castle)
- Finnerty Gardens
- Lieutenant Governor’s House
- Horticultural Centre of the Pacific
For more information on the above gardens, click Victoria Gardens.
Beautiful urban parks within an easy driving distance from the centre of town include the following:
- Beacon Hill Park
- Mount Doug
- Mount Tolmie
- Elk Lake
- Thetis Lake Regional Park
- Willows Beach
- Clover Point Park
Provincial and regional parks further from town include the following:
- Goldstream Provincial Park
- French Beach Provincial Park
- Juan de Fuca Provincial Park
- Sooke Potholes Provincial Park
- East Sooke Regional Park
- Witty’s Lagoon Regional Park
For more details about the above parks, click Victoria Parks.