Mother’s Day is on May 8th in 2022. Celebrate your mother by taking her out for brunch or to one of several events in Victoria.
Things to do on Mother’s Day in Victoria
There are usually lots of different things to do on Mother’s Day in the Greater Victoria region. In 2020 and 2021, however, most indoor events and large gatherings didn’t take place because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Fortunately, a lot more is happening in 2022 since most provincial health restrictions have been lifted by the BC Government.
One popular activity on Mother’s Day is to go out for brunch at local restaurants. There are also several attractions and events that are worth checking out.
Events and Attractions on Mother’s Day
There are many beautiful places to spend time with your mother. Some attractions offer special events for Mother’s Day. If the weather is good, it’s also a good opportunity to spend some time in nature in Victoria’s wonderful gardens.
Some popular Mother’s Day events and places of interest in 2022 are listed below.
- Conservatory of Music – a Mother’s Day tradition that happens most years at the Victoria Conservatory of Music located at 900 Johnson Street. The Mother’s Day Musical Garden Tour takes place on both the Saturday and Sunday in 2022 from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. The event features live music and access to the gardens. Tickets are available online and cost about $50 each.
- Hills to Shore Artists Tour – a group of artists in the Gordon Head area open their studios to the public on the Saturday and Sunday of the Mother’s Day Weekend in 2022. It’s a fun and interesting series of places to take your mom, and an exceptional opportunity to buy her some beautiful local art.
In addition to the above, there are lots of great parks, gardens and tourist attractions to take Mom to if the weather is good. For ideas about other places to visit, check out the following:
Places for Brunch and Afternoon Tea
Taking your mom out to eat is a popular tradition on Mother’s Day. Victoria is home to many highly-rated restaurants, some of which offer brunch menus on the occasion. Some venues offer a special Mother’s Day Brunch. Others offer a special Afternoon Tea.
Victoria Mother’s Day Brunches
A few of the best places to enjoy brunch on the Sunday are listed below.
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel – the hotel at 1175 Beach Drive offers brunch with an ocean view. In 2022, mothers also get a gift to take home. Seating is in the Grand Lobby at 10:00 and 10:30 am as well as at 12:00 and 12:30 pm. Reservations are required in groups of between 2 and 6 people. The menu for this year is to be determined.
- Fairmont Empress – the Q at the Empress restaurant hosts a Mother’s Day brunch every year. In 2019, the event took place between 9:30 am and 1:00 pm. The menu included pastries, crumpets, seafood, access to an omelette station and more. The event usually sells out. 2022 details about the Mother’s Day Brunch at the Empress Hotel were to be confirmed as of the last time we checked.
- Inn at Laurel Point – the Aura Waterfront Restaurant and Patio is located inside the Inn at Laurel Point which is at 680 Montreal Street. The Laurel Point usually offers a Mother’s Day Tea. As of early April 2022, the brunch menu appears to be available every weekend between 11:30 am and 3:00 pm for $68 per person (plus taxes). Options include three different fruit scones, several meat sandwiches, sweet desserts and teas. The offer on Mother’s Day, however, might be slightly different.
For ideas about other places to take your mother for lunch or dinner, see our article about Restaurants in Victoria.
Victoria Mother’s Day Afternoon Teas
A few of the best places to enjoy Afternoon Tea on the Sunday are listed below.
- Abkhazi Teahouse – a Mother’s Day High Tea takes place at Abkhazi Garden. In 2022 it’s happening on both May 7th and 8th. The exact menu and costs for this year are to be confirmed. Based on the Spring High Tea, expect multiple courses with all sorts of scones, sandwiches, salads and desserts.
- Butchart Gardens – the garden at 800 Benvenuto Avenue hosts a popular Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea. In 2022, the event takes place in the garden’s Dining Room Restaurant from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm on Mother’s Day. Admission to Butchart Gardens is required, and the meal costs an additional $49 per person plus taxes. In 2022 the menu includes sandwiches, pastries, sweet treats and more.
For a detailed list of things to do in the Metro Vancouver region on the same weekend, click Mother’s Day in Vancouver.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Victoria Day Weekend in Victoria
- Thrifty Foods Victoria Day Parade
- Parks & Gardens in Victoria
- Victoria Festivals and Events Calendar
- Top Attractions in Victoria
- Hotels in Victoria
- Restaurants in Victoria