As you’ll see in this calendar of events, May is when the Oak Bay Marathon, Victoria Highland Games, Victoria Day Parade, Luxton Fair and Swiftsure Yacht Race all take place.
May is also a time for the Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival, summer markets and various other festivals and events.
May Festivals & Events Calendar
Below is a list of festivals and events taking place in Victoria during the month of May.
- Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival – takes place from early April until mid-May.
- Cinco de May – an American-Mexican celebration on May 5th.
- Mother’s Day – a day to celebrate mothers (May 12, 2019).
- Oak Bay Half Marathon – a half marathon, half marathon relay, 10 km run and kids’ 1 km running races.
- Uno Fest – a solo-person theatre festival in mid to late May.
- Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival – a festival featuring Scottish and other British sports events and cultural activities on the May Long Weekend (May 18-20, 2019).
- Victoria Day – a national holiday that features a large parade in Victoria (May 20, 2019).
- Luxton Fair – a community fair with amusement rides in Langford during the Victoria Day Long Weekend (May 17-20, 2019).
- Swiftsure International Yacht Race – a major sailboat race on the last weekend of the month (May 24-28, 2018).
- Beach Food Fridays & Saturdays – food trucks on weekends from early May until the beginning of September at Ocean Boulevard in Colwood.
- Public Markets
- Moss Street Market – a weekly outdoor market from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the corner of Fairfield Road and Moss Street from May until October.
- Bastion Square Public Market – a market in downtown Victoria on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from the end of April until the beginning of October between 11:00 am and 5:30 pm. A larger version also takes place on Sundays from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm.
- James Bay Market – a weekly farmers market at the corner of Superior Street and Menzies from early May until the end of September between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
About May in Victoria
May is a wonderful month to be in Victoria. Flowers are blooming, events like the Victoria Day Parade are taking place, and the city is looking beautiful!
By May the trees once again have their leaves, the days are getting longer, and the weather is more often than not close to perfect!
For a list of other major events at other times of the year, check out the Victoria Festivals & Events Calendar.